HOW CAN WE HELP YOU TODAY?
Masterson Law provides high-quality legal representation in Southwest Missouri at a reasonable price.
We're here to help you through a difficult time.
Our clients aren’t just another file, call today to arrange a consultation. There is never a charge for Domestic Consultations, but Consumer and Civil appointments require a discounted fee of $80 for a 30 minutes.
A tenacious advocate with 20 years of proven experience.
Over 20 Years of Legal Experience
Prompt & Attentive
More than a Lawyer
Summer Masterson-Goethals is a trial attorney with vast experience protecting consumers and families across Southwest Missouri. She believes every client should have access to quality legal representation at a reasonable price. I work with my clients to accomplish their goals efficiently, effectively, and with as little financial strain as possible.
ALL PRACTICE AREAS
Attentive representation on family law issues like child custody, child support, juvenile, parental rights, marriage law, and more.
Representation of consumers in a variety of areas including fair debt collection, wrongful repossession, auto fraud, and much more.
Quality divorce representation with fair and clear pricing and the 1-on-1 attention you deserve during a difficult time.
Experience in civil and criminal jury trials, business litigation, bench trials, and appellate representation.
A certified family and civil nediation practitioner, Summer Masterson-Goethals is an alternative dispute resolution specialist.
Representation of landlords in eviction proceedings, as well as advice on general duties and obligations.
A Top Divorce Attorney Springfield, MO
Divorce is defined as a legal end to a marriage. However, in reality a divorce is never as easy or straightforward as the definition. It can take an emotional and financial toll on each spouse. That’s why choosing the right divorce attorney in Springfield is so important: the right divorce attorney can alleviate the stress and some of the difficulties you face. When your marriage comes to an end for whatever reason, you need someone you can trust and someone who is experienced in favorably resolving a divorce for her clients. The divorce attorney Springfield, MO, you need is the same attorney countless people have sought to represent them in divorce cases over the years: Summer Masterson-Goethals. Summer Masterson-Goethals has more than 20 years experience. She is a former legal aid attorney who believes each and every client should have access to high-quality legal representation at a reasonable price. For Masterson-Goethals, clients aren’t just case files. They are individuals and part of her law family. That’s why when her clients call her, they are never re-routed to a paralegal. She returns clients’ calls in a timely fashion and always keeps them up to date and aware of what’s happening in their case. People hire Masterson-Goethals because she is the top, up-and-coming divorce attorney Springfield, MO. Her clients love her because:
- She has 20 years experience representing clients in divorce and family law cases.
- She is trial tested. This means she’s not afraid to go to trial if the other side refuses to fairly resolve issues such as property division, child custody and spousal support. She knows she can prove her case in court.
- She is a tenacious advocate for her clients.
Divorces are difficult, personal matters. It is Masterson-Goethals’ job is to give you peace of mind and look out for your best interests, and she takes these responsibilities very seriously. If you are facing divorce, contact Masterson Law for help.
How Do I Choose? Divorce Lawyers Springfield MO
At Masterson Law, we know the most difficult part of the divorce process is deciding to file for divorce. No one gets married just to get divorced. The second most difficult choice is choosing the right divorce attorney Springfield to represent you. Summer Masterson-Goethals wants to represent you in your divorce. She is a tenacious divorce advocate who takes this difficult journey with you from the start of your divorce to the divorce decree. However, she cares about her clients’ needs and wants you to know how to choose the right lawyer for your divorce since every situation is different. Here are some tips to finding the right attorney for your needs:
- Be realistic: Divorce is a legal process to dissolve issues such as assets and child custody. The attorney’s job is to resolve these issues, not to act as your confidant or therapist. With her years of experience, Masterson-Goethals has seen and heard it all and will stay focused on the legal issues.
- Stay focused on your goals: The ultimate goal is legally ending your marriage, not getting your spouse back or causing them pain. This means you have to be willing to negotiate with your spouse even when you don’t want to work with them. Masterson-Goethals can help you cut through the drama to focus on resolving your divorce as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- Know what you want: Many alternatives to divorce ligitagation, such as collaborative divorce and mediation, are available depending on your situation. Masterson-Goethals always explains all alternatives and their potential benefits to her clients and helps them figure out their best option.
- Identify at least three potential attorneys: Your divorce attorney should specialize in family law and the type of divorce proceeding you want. Find a few options and research them further. Masterson-Goethals is trained in mediation in addition to being an experienced divorce attorney.
- Pick an attorney: Interview each attorney and determine if they are suited to represent you. Look for any red flags, like if an attorney seems willing to tell you anything to close the deal. Masterson-Goethals will never just tell you what you want to hear. She’ll tell you the truth.
Contact Summer Masterson-Goethals today for a consultation. This way, you can begin exploring what the divorce process may look like for you and find the right divorce attorney Springfield, MO without a big upfront cost.
The Basics of Family Law Springfield MO
Family law is an area of law devoted to resolving issues such as divorce, adoption, child custody and child support. Each family law attorney is different, and an attorney may specialize in one issue, such as divorce, but have no experience with another issue like adoption. Summer Masterson-Goethals is unique because in addition to having 20 years of divorce experience, she is also very familiar with other family law issues including child custody, surrogacy, and more. If you are looking for a family law attorney for a specific issue, do your due diligence and make sure they have experience in that issue. Masterson-Goethals’ work in family law is of such a high caliber that organizations like the Missouri Bar and Springfield Metropolitan Bar Association have hand-picked her to present on these topics. The most common family law issues are divorce and child custody/child support issues. Divorce is the legal end to a marriage. Child custody involves decisions about which parent receives joint, shared, or sole custody of children. Child support disputes often arise during or after a divorce or separation; these deal with the money paid from one parent to another to care for their children. At Masterson Law, we recognize that these issues are highly personal and often emotional, and we will handle your case with all the care and attention you deserve.
Greene County Circuit Court Domestic Division
Family law issues in Springfield, MO are resolved at the Greene County Circuit Court Domestic Division. This court hears cases on divorce, paternity, family access and child support. The staff there provides information about court procedures, forms and community resources. They do not provide legal advice regarding whether to file a divorce or what attorney to hire, although you can find free legal resources from organizations like Legal Services of Southern Missouri. You can also start a conversation about your divorce or family law options by scheduling a free consultation with Masterson Law, whose offices are conveniently located at Fremont Avenue and Sunshine Street, near the Greene County Courthouse.
Do I Need One? Divorce Lawyers in Springfield MO
Some couples are fortunate, even in divorce, and do not need an attorney to legally end their marriage. You may not need a divorce attorney Springfield, MO if you and your spouse can agree on all terms of the divorce, or if you choose to use a mediator instead. Summer Masterson-Goethals can help in either situation: she is not only a divorce attorney but also a certified dispute resolution mediator. In addition to taking on divorce cases in court, she mediates divorces that can be resolved outside the courtroom. If you need help figuring out if you need an attorney or not, here are some example situations where you will likely need a divorce attorney in Springfield, MO:
- Problems with spousal, child or substance abuse are the reason you want to end your marriage.
- Your spouse has already hired a divorce attorney.
- Your divorce involves child custody and child support issues.
- Your divorce involves complicated financial issues such as property division.
- You believe your spouse is lying about certain divorce issues.
- You’ve noticed a drastic change in your spouse’s behavior, such as acting vindictive or secretive.
- You need answers about the divorce process such as assistance with courts and an understanding of what to expect.
- You don’t want to go through the divorce process alone.
If any of these situations apply to you, at least consider using an attorney’s services. You don’t have to go through the divorce process alone. Contact Masterson Law for knowledgable, affordable, personalized assistance.
Consumer and family lawyer, former legal aid attorney and Missouri Bar Leadership Academy member, Springfield Business Journal 40 under 40 Honoree.
1771 S. Fremont
Springfield, MO 65804