HOW CAN WE HELP YOU TODAY?
Masterson Law provides high-quality legal representation in southwest Missouri at a reasonable price.
A divorce and family lawyer in Springfield, Missouri who really cares!
A Top Divorce Attorney in Springfield, MO
A Springfield divorce is defined as a legal end to a marriage. However, in reality, a divorce is never as easy or straightforward as the definition. Also known as legal separation in Missouri, it can take an emotional and financial toll on each spouse.
That’s why choosing the family lawyer in Springfield is so important: the right choice can alleviate the stress and some of the difficulties you face.
When your marriage comes to an end for whatever reason, you need someone you can trust and someone who is experienced in favorably resolving a divorce for her clients. The divorce lawyer in Springfield, MO, you need is the same law office countless people have sought to represent them in divorce cases over the years: Summer Masterson-Goethals.
Summer Masterson-Goethals has more than 20 years experience. She is a former legal aid attorney who believes each and every client should have access to high-quality legal representation at a reasonable price. For Masterson-Goethals, clients aren’t just case files, we understand all the aspects of your situation and are committed to assist however we can. They are individuals and part of her law family. That’s why when clients call her with questions or facing a tough decision, they are never re-routed to a paralegal. She returns clients’ calls in a timely fashion and always keeps them up to date and aware of what’s happening in their case. Clients hire Masterson Law because she is a Springfield MO divorce specialist, and. Her clients love her because:
- She has over 20 years of experience representing clients in divorce and family law cases.
- A trial-tested professional. This means she’s not afraid to go to trial if the other side refuses to fairly resolve issues in a collaborative manner such as legal separation, property division, child custody, and spousal support. She knows she can prove her case in court.
- She is a tenacious advocate for her clients.
Family law issues are difficult, personal matters. It is the job of our law firm to give you peace of mind and look out for your best interests, and she takes these responsibilities very seriously. If you are facing any family law legal issue, contact Masterson Law for help.
We're here to help you through a difficult time.
Our clients aren’t just another file, call today to arrange a consultation. There is never a charge for Domestic Consultations, but Consumer and Civil appointments require a discounted fee of $80 for a 30 minutes.
A tenacious advocate with 20 years of proven experience.
Over 20 Years of Legal Experience
Summer has worked in the legal field for over 20 years, assisting area attorneys as a paralegal since 1999 and obtaining her license to practice law in 2011.
Prompt & Attentive
Summer takes pride in her personal relationships with clients. You won’t get lost in the shuffle at Masterson Law.
Masterson Law is a litigation firm, every case is prepared for trial from day one in order to best defend your rights.
More than a Lawyer
Summer takes a great interest in her clients and often provides assistance beyond their legal issues. This level of specialized attention from a family law lawyer in Springfield, Missouri is unique.
Summer Masterson-Goethals is a highly-rated trial attorney with vast experience protecting families across the Ozarks. She believes every client should have access to quality legal representation at a reasonable cost. I work with my clients to accomplish their goals efficiently, effectively, and with as little financial strain as possible. You can view her experience in the About page.
ALL PRACTICE AREAS
Attentive representation on family law issues like child custody, child support, juvenile, parental rights, marriage law, and more.
Representation of consumers in a variety of areas including fair debt collection, wrongful repossession, auto fraud, and much more.
Quality divorce representation with fair and clear pricing and the 1-on-1 attention you deserve during a difficult time.
Experience in civil and criminal jury trials, business litigation, bench trials, and appellate representation.
A certified family and civil nediation practitioner, Summer Masterson-Goethals is an alternative dispute resolution specialist.
Representation of landlords in eviction proceedings, as well as advice on general duties and obligations.
How Do I Choose? Springfield MO Divorce Lawyers
At Masterson Law, we know the most difficult part of the divorce process is deciding to file for divorce.
No one gets married just to get divorced.
The second most difficult choice is choosing the right Springfield MO divorce lawyer to represent you. Summer Masterson-Goethals wants to represent you in your divorce. Masterson Law Firm LLC will take this difficult journey with you from the start of your divorce to the finish. She cares about her clients’ needs and wants you to know how to choose the right lawyer for your situation since every situation is different.
If you’ve been researching different profiles on the legal directories, it can certainly be confusing and you want to verify that your choice will be a good fit.
Here are some tips for finding the right divorce counselor in Springfield Missouri for your needs:
- Be realistic: Divorce is a legal process to dissolve issues such as assets and child custody. The attorney’s job is to resolve these issues, not to act as your confidant or therapist. With her years of experience, Masterson-Goethals has seen and heard it all and will stay focused on the legal issues.
- Stay focused on your goals: The ultimate goal is legal separation in Missouri, not getting your spouse back or causing them pain. This means you have to be willing to negotiate on issues with your spouse like visitation or child support maintenance, even when you don’t want to work with them. Masterson-Goethals can help you cut through the drama to focus on resolving your divorce in Missouri as quickly, inexpensively, and efficiently as possible.
- Know what you want: Many alternatives to divorce litigation, such as mediation, are available depending on your matter. Masterson Law LLC always offers all alternatives and their potential benefits to her clients, helping them figure out their best option.
- Identify at least three potential attorneys: Your divorce lawyer should specialize in family law and the type of divorce proceeding you want. Find a few options and research them further. Masterson-Goethals is trained in mediation in addition to being an experienced divorce lawyer.
- Pick an attorney: Interview each attorney and determine if they are suited to represent you. Look for any red flags, like if an attorney seems willing to tell you anything to close the deal. Masterson-Goethals will never just tell you what you want to hear. She’ll tell you the truth.
Contact Summer Masterson-Goethals today for a free consultation. This way, you can begin exploring what the process may look like in the Greene County Consolidated Circuit Court (Family Courts division) for you. If you aren’t local and live outside the city, Masterson Law also covers neighboring cities like Nixa, Ozark, Rogersville, Republic, Branson, Marshfield and more.
Basics of Choosing a Family Lawyer Springfield MO
Family law is an area of law devoted to resolving issues such as uncontested divorce, adoption, child custody, and child support. Each family law attorney in Springfield, Missouri, is different, and an attorney may specialize in one issue, such as divorce, but have no experience with another issue like adoption. Summer Masterson-Goethals is unique because, in addition to having 20 years of divorce Missouri experience, she is also very familiar with other family law issues including child custody, surrogacy, and more.
If you are looking for a family law lawyer in Springfield, MO, do your due diligence and make sure they have experience with your case-type. Masterson-Goethals’ work in family law is of such a high caliber that organizations like the Missouri Bar and Springfield Metropolitan Bar Association have hand-picked her to present on these topics.
- Divorce is the legal end to a marriage.
- Divorce custody involves decisions about which parent receives joint, shared, or sole custody of children.
- Child support disputes often arise during or after a divorce or separation; these deal with the money paid from one parent to another to care for their children.
At Masterson Law, we recognize that these issues are highly personal and often emotional, and we will handle your case with all the care and attention you deserve. We encourage you to search around the website and read some of our helpful guides.
Get Help from a Family and Divorce Attorney Springfield MO
Family law issues in Springfield, MO are resolved at the Greene County Circuit Court Domestic Division. This court hears cases on divorce, paternity, family access and child support. The staff provides information about court procedures, forms, and community resources. They do not provide legal advice what attorney to hire, although you can find free legal resources from organizations like Legal Services of Southern Missouri.
You can also start a conversation about your divorce or family law options in Springfield by scheduling a consultation with Masterson Law, her office location is conveniently located at Fremont Avenue and Sunshine Street, near the Greene County Courthouse. Traffic is typically light outside of rush hour. Unlike other firms in southwest Missouri who may also have real estate, bankruptcy, criminal defense, personal injury, and estate planning practices – Masterson Law is intently dedicated to family law.
Do I Need One?
Divorce Lawyers in Springfield MO
Some couples are fortunate, even in a separation, and do not need an attorney to legally end their marriage. You may not need a divorce attorney in Springfield, MO if you and your spouse can agree on all terms of the divorce, or if you choose to use a mediator instead. Summer Masterson-Goethals can help in either situation: she is not only a divorce attorney but also a certified dispute resolution mediator, read more in her profile on the site. In addition to taking on divorce cases in court, she mediates divorces that can be resolved outside the courtroom, helping to maintain privacy.
If you need help figuring out if you need an attorney or not, here are some example situations where you will likely need a Springfield, Missouri divorce lawyer:
- Problems with spousal, child or substance abuse (this does include alcohol) are the reason you want to end your marriage.
- Your spouse has already hired a divorce attorney.
- Your legal separation involves child custody and child support issues.
- Your divorce involves complicated financial issues such as property division.
- You believe your spouse is lying about certain divorce issues.
- You’ve noticed a drastic change in your spouse’s behavior, which includes acting vindictive or secretive.
- You need answers about the separation process such as assistance with courts and an understanding of what to expect – prior to stepping in court.
- You don’t want to go through the divorce process alone.
If any of these situations apply to you, at least consider using an attorney’s services. You don’t have to go through the legal separation process alone. Contact Masterson Law for knowledgable, affordable, personalized assistance, she is one of the top super Springfield divorce lawyers in the region.